ADS 1

I found her trapped on a sticky fly paper and her eye got infected



I found Pistachio stuck on a sticky paper trap for flies / rats and she was already quite thin. We suspect she was trapped for some time and was severely dehydrated. Thankfully, the vet said that the trap wasn't poisonous but she was malnourished and highly stressed. I took her home and gave her dextrose water every 2 hours and fed her every 4 hours.

Unfortunately, one of her eyes which was stuck to the paper got infected. We treated it with eyedrops and oral antibiotics but it kept getting worse. We had to have her eye removed.


Among all the cats I've taken care of, she was the most difficult. She was just too weak and was on the edge too many times to count. Luckily, she was a fighter and kept on bouncing back. There were nights when I was just crying in my exhaustion, but seeing her will to live kept me going.

Now, she has fully recovered and has become quite rumbunctious. She leads the charge against the other kitties when it comes to wrestling and feeding times. But she's also a sweetheart, always struggling to get up my lap and giving me massages. She's a talker too! Always speaking her mind when she feels like I'm not scratching her back enough.

Hope you liked Tashi's story. :)


Source 

Add Comment

ads 2
ads 3
ads 4